Monday 23 August 2010

Me and my wandering mind.....

Recently I've been trying to suss out why when I've DJ'd Grime music in the North of England that a lot of the time the crowd don't react to it!

Now I'm not at a position where I'm an established enough DJ/Artist that people 'go mental' to whatever I play....YET

So this leaves me in the scenario of what to play??

I'm not gonna sell my soul and just play the standard, 'massive-build-up-and-drop-make-everyone go-mental 'music but what dya do, when you're playing songs you love and believe sound amazing in a nightclub but the crowd just don't feel it like you do?!!

I mean have a listen to some tracks I've tried and tested, some work(mainly in Bigger Than Barry nights) and some don't!







Now tell me that these aren't club tunes?!

I'm becoming more frustrated at the lack of like minded people in Sheffield and surrounding areas!

The only place I could play this would be Niche nightclub, but that place don't attract my ideal target audience!

What do I do, move to London?!

All ideas/opinions would be usefull:- muskmanbenji @hotmail.com

RANT OVER

More music, soon come

Benji

No comments:

Post a Comment